Water may be the source of life — but it’s a major hindrance for job sites, homes, and workplaces. Water damage can cause a wide variety of serious problems — and a dehumidifier is often the best solution. Controlling moisture levels in the air will keep mold, mildew, and allergens away. It will remove moisture from your space so you can lay flooring, install finish work, apply adhesives, and much more.
How can you tell if your area is too humid and needs a dehumidifier?
1. Wet stains on walls and ceilings.Water stains are a tell-tale sign that there’s too much moisture in the home. It could be the product of a leaky roof or pipe, or an ongoing problem like moisture sweating through the walls. A dehumidifier is a great first step to stop more damage from being done.
2. Rotting wood. Excess moisture or pooling water is the main cause of rotting wood — and it can lead to unwanted pests like termites. While the rotting wood eventually needs to be replaced for structural reasons, a dehumidifier is a great way to remove excess moisture from the air so it doesn’t pool in the first place.
3. Mold spots. Mold can cause nasal stuffiness, coughing, throat irritation, and eye irritation. Areas like warehouses, storage areas, basements, and garages are particularly susceptible. It’s easy to spot — just look for the black stains in areas where moisture can possibly collect. If you find mold in a workspace or job site, run a dehumidifier to lessen the amount of moisture in the room.
4. Condensation on windows. Check out your windows. Is there moisture inside them? Does they appear foggy? Those are signs that your windows aren’t sealed properly — or that there’s too much moisture in that particular room. Run a dehumidifier to combat that moisture and return the area to normal levels.
5. Allergies. Are people at your location coughing or sneezing more than normal? It could be the result of excess moisture. Too much moisture can cause airborne allergens such as dust mites and mold spores to grow and spread.
Rent a Dehumidifier
The solution is to rent a dehumidifier from Onsite HVAC Rentals. Our dehumidifier rental equipment is simple to use. It runs on 110V power and comes with new air filters to avoid cross contamination.
Whether it’s a small or large room, moisture in the air or water, or liquid saturated in a particular area — we have the right equipment for you. Cleaning up after a burst water pipe or a flood doesn’t have to be a headache. Having the proper air quality conditions for your build doesn’t have to delay your project.
Dehumidifiers are perfect for:
-Flooded Job Sites
-Schools/ Day Cares
-Assisted Living Facilities
Interested in renting a dehumidifier or other HVAC equipment? OnSite HVAC Rentals works with businesses in Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York, and Delaware — and we’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call us at 800-748-2289 or email us at rentals@HVACRentals.com.